SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
west420

juniper dormancy???? help please

west420
18 years ago

Hello all...First off i'm a newbie bonsai owner and realize that its not unusual to lose a plant possibly. I purchased a juniper on my way home from a vacation in florida in August of this year. It has been doing well and looking healthy so far until now. I was under the impression that you were supposed to bring your plant in in the winters (newbie)and remain outdoors all other seasons which i've now discovered isnt the correct way i think??? My question is that it is now Dec.11 and we've had a couple of snows and its around 25 to 30 degrees outside at night is it still possible for me to plant it outside? I've gathered that I should plant my pot and all with some mulch overtop for the winter for my plant to enter the dormant stage. It is still green and looks healthy but is now starting to become a bit brittle. Is it already dying? Can I just take it from indoors straight outside to the ground or is there a better way? Should i put it outside for awhile or something to let it get "used" to the cold weather? I'm really at a loss and any help would be appreciated. I hope I haven't already killed my first. Thanks Guys....and gals..

West

Comments (9)

Sponsored