SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
theconstantgardeners

Full sun for outdoor bonsai in Winter? Suggestions?

I have two Juniper Bonsai that are both about 30 years old. There are really awesome, but I am bit worried. Their folliage seems a bit dry.

Would you guys think that not getting enough sun or not getting enough water would be the more likely culprit?

I'm also trying to figure out where to set them up for the coming seasons (fall and winter). I know Junipers need "FULL SUN", but with the changing solar position this time of year, and the semi-dormancy I assume they will go into, I'm wondering what exactly "full sun" means for Juniper Bonsai in the fall and winter.

We are blessed with about 10 mature trees on and around our lot so finding a location where they'll get 6+ hours of direct sun is impossible. Is sun less important in the winter and fall? If not, what is the best spot to put them, directionally? On the South side of the house? I'd like to be able to place them where I can enjoy them but would love to hear suggestions or what you guys do as far as moving them in the winter or not to follow the sun's path.

THANKS !

Comments (3)

Sponsored