SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lam702

perennial tulips

lam702
18 years ago

I hadn't grown tulips in years, due to the deer eating them. Last fall, I decided to plant some again with the plan to spray them with deer away in the spring. I started out with a few apricot impression tulips. They are so beautiful, I have to grow more! I chose the impression tulips, because they are darwin hybrids and I read that they are more perennial than some other types. I do have some red darwin hybrids (can't recall the name) that are still blooming 20 yrs after I planted them. Do all the darwin hybrids perennialize well? Or, are certain ones more perennial than others? I'd like to get more apricot impression, and also Elizabeth Arden, Ollioules, and salmon impression. My plan is to interplant these with white daffodils. Will all the above tulips last for years? Which are the longest lived ones? I also read that emperor tulips are perennial as well. Any suggestions as to which are the best? I don't want to bother replanting every year, I had Angelique one year and loved it, but it never came back after the first year. Any suggestions?

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!