SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bveronico

Spring Surprises!

brooklynbonnie
10 years ago

This is my first Spring in this home and my first time seeing what the backyard has hidden beneath the dirt. I knew when we moved in last July that there were a few bulbs since there were two areas with what appeared to be daffodil leaves languishing in the shade. But for a couple weeks now I have been amazed each time I venture out back to see so many new things popping up everywhere in the dirt. The yard is about 16 feet wide by 55 feet long, and the last 20 feet is dirt with an apple tree in the middle. All around the apple tree tulips, daffodils (I think) and crocus are popping up. Everywhere! At first I noticed only two areas showing some tulip leaves and two areas showing daffodil leaves, but a few days later, three more tulip leaves showing in various areas over there, and crocus leaves showing over here, then some mystery shoots in the corner, and more next to it of a different plant, and today I went out and five times as many crocus bunches are evident as well as a bunch more tulip leaves, and something I hadn't seen before but I noticed as I was pulling back some of the chickweed that is overrunning the place. They are only about 1 inch tall now, but I noticed a couple other areas with similar shoots coming up and I am only guessing they are a type of bulb because I am not a bulb gardener myself, but someone living here previously sure was! I am so excited to see what blooms and how many different types of plants are hidden back there!
Some of the many mystery plants coming up:

Comments (9)