SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
auctionclerk_gw

Tiny bubbles on newly cast leaves

auctionclerk
20 years ago

Maybe I am just being too picky but I have tiny air bubble holes on the surface of newly cast leaves. Is this normal? I used a mix of 3 parts sifted play sand, 1 part portland cement and added fortifier to the water. I don't know what kind of leaf I used. My daughter works at our local botanical garden and we picked up broken tree branches after a hard wind storm. One kind of leaf is very thick, feels like very smooth rubber sheeting, veining is sparce but prominent and the shape is more round. The other leaf used was shaped like a maple leaf but was HUGE, probably about 14 inches from side to side and a fuzzy texture on the back. If the bubbling is not normal do any of you experts, or beginners, have suggestions for avoiding them? If I had a digital camera I would post a picture of my dilema. I hope my description of problem and materials used is enough for someone to offer suggestions.

This forum and the hypertufa forum are awesome. You folks really have it together and are very encouraging and supportive of one another. Keep it up. All of us beginners are really bolstered by your enthusiasm and encouragement to others. Thanks for your suggestions.

Comments (34)

Sponsored