SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
buckyforce

Concrete Leaf Casting & garden stuff workshop this weekend SoFL

buckyforce
18 years ago

JoanMary at the Hypertufa forum had such a brilliant idea for a concrete basics workshop that I decided to conduct one! It is scheduled for this Saturday, 4/8/06, 9 AM to 4 or so, in Homestead. We will...

1. Learn the basics; ingredients, mixing, additives, etc.

2. Make a grot - sculpture - candle holder. Up to the student. Let your mind take a walk on the wild side!

3. Take a nature walk to learn about leaves suitable for casting, select a leaf or two that you like and cast them.

4. Learn how to airbrush including paint/dye selection and the workings of the airbrush. The students will get to practice on cast leaves that I will supply. You will learn how to recognize and duplicate all the subtle colors of natural leaves and practice the technique of applying those colors for an amazingly realistic leaf.

You will be able to take your creations home since curing takes more than a day and during the class will learn how to handle and finish those pieces once you have them home.

Cost: $25 - includes all the materials you will need, except lunch.

Speaking of which, we will break for lunch while our leaves and grots set up and head to a charming little local restaurant for lunch. It is filled with wonderful old stuff and has great food at reasonable prices.

It promises to be a laugh-filled, creative day! I have some of my own creations in the yard and house that are sure to inspire, or incite, your imagination. Hope you plan on coming down.

Please sign up if you are interested. Class size is limited so sign up now! I'm sorry to have posted this so late in the week. If you are interested in the workshop but can't attend this weekend, please let me know. Another one will be scheduled for a weekend in May.

Looking forward to seeing you all!

Amanda

Comments (3)

Sponsored