SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chris_r11

Is my pondmaster pump working right?

17 years ago

Hi,

I just had a fountain delivered and when we put the pondmaster pump on it, it seems to only pump enough to "dribble" for a half hour or so then it starts to pump and the water flows as it should. The 375 gallons seems about the right flow, once it is going.

It is a 375 gph model that said it was designed for a fountain. I guess the pump has to pump it up about 4ft? I hear the pump making noise when it starts, it just does not pump much water. The hose it not kinked and I checked and it does not seem to have anything stuck in it - neither does the pipe. I am also sure there is enough water over the pump.

When it starts, there also seems to be some small bubbles coming out of the pipe where the water flows from. it is on a timer, set to run from 12 noon till 10 at night.

It is almost like it is stuck between parts of the magnet and it does not want to spin. Should I get a different pump, replace this one? Is pondmaster any good?

Thanks for any suggestions? it happens every day where it just takes 30 to 60 minutes to get it to flow and it is starting to drive me nuts.

Comments (5)

Sponsored