SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sivyaleah

Watering Ideas Needed

15 years ago

I just moved from a home, to an apartment. Luckily, I have a very large deck in my new place and will be able to move many of my containers and planters from the deck of my home here, plus there were several left behind from the previous tenant. Lucky me!

However, there is one looming problem. No waterhook-up on the deck.

The thought of dragging buckets of water from inside the house to the deck on a daily basis, is making me ill. I'll have to walk from the bathroom (closet room with water) through my bedroom to the deck. I'll do it if I must, because the garden is that important to me, but surely there must be a better option?

I'm wondering if there are garden hoses which are able to be attached to household sinks/bathtubs? Perhaps in a 25' length? I wouldn't mind hooking that up once a day as it would be much easier to deal with than walking back and forth into the apartment several times with heavy waterings cans (let alone will take me much quicker).

Water collection could be an option, however, I'm concerned about the weight of it on the deck, since I'm not the person who was responsible for building it and I have no idea of the weight bearing capacity of the deck. I know a container of water weighs an awful lot.

Thanks for any suggestions you may have.

Comments (6)

Sponsored