SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lunartyc

My rocking chair woes

lunartyc
19 years ago

I have an old rocking chair I received when my daughter was born 11 years ago. It is full sized and the back is 7 inches taller than my head when I sit in it. It didn't get used much and here's why. The problem with this dad-blasted thing is that it's totally and completely UNCOMFORTABLE!!! The arms are like mid-sleeve shirts, the back sits perfectly vertical to the floor, it rocks three inches between the forward and back motion (unless forced), the seat stops half-way between my thighs and knees, and the back spindle (knurled and round) runs right down my backbone.

Now, I THOUGHT if I padded the darn thing and made my hiney lower than the front it would help...NOPE! So I took out some padding and now it's padded and still doesn't fit. Padding the back helped but made me closer to the front of the seat. I got creative and put a headrest on it which is great! I also turned it into a sewing chair and put flaps over the arms with pockets for sewing accessories. Now that it is beautiful and still as uncomfortable as all get out I thought I'd just....CUT THE DARN RUNNERS OFF!!............ inputs on that arrrrrrrrrrre....???

Comments (3)

Sponsored