SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stef282

Please help completing my great room

Stefanie
9 years ago
It is a very bare space at the moment as I have focused on the DR (still in process). I need help achieving a very neutral but stylish room. It is one very large, open space with the kitchen and because of that color should be in the accents (florals, vases, pillows, art, etc.). There are many pieces I already know I need such as end tables, coffee table and on. Initial needs are to address the windows (blinds are being removed) and the area rug as I do not think it currently works. I will replace the blinds with either roman or roller shades and this will need to include the doors. Minimally the rug needs to be 9x13. I will move on from there. Please see both my LV remodel and LV ideabook for my style I am trying to achieve (I will attach inspirational photos below).

Here's what is already in the works or constraints:
Ceiling will be painted several shades lighter than the wall and in the process of selecting.
Crown will be installed thereafter.
The sectional and chair stay.
Furniture in the kitchen area also stays.
The TV is large but appears smaller than it is. It stays but have considered wall to wall built-ins. Open to other ideas that are less costly.
Drapes will be changed out as well as hardware after the ceiling crown is completed. Need to shop for fabric.
I like simple and clean-lined. I do not like a lot of clutter and pictures everywhere. I also like an overall light look to a room and looking to do that with this room. Take a look at my DR for another room in my house.

Thank you!

Living Room Remodel · More Info

Roehampton Gate · More Info

ferguson · More Info

Russian Hills · More Info

Comments (8.5K)

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews