SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sapphy_gw

Sick frangipani, please help!!

Sapphy
9 years ago

Hello all,
Firstly let me say hello! my name is Sapphy and I'm from Queensland. Let me also confess that I am not the best with plants. Now onto my story and problems. Sorry for the long post, but I have no idea what is wrong, so I am trying to give as much info as possible.
About 3 years ago I received a cutting of a frangipani tree . Anyway under my fathers advice I let it dry out in the winter and then propagated it in a nice big pot. It was soon giving me lots of leaves and I was happy! Never had flowers yet, but I live in hope. It is currently summer here- very hot most days 30 degrees C . It is in the sun on my western facing balcony, it gets full sun most of the day but gets a bit of shade in the afternoon. Frangipani is in large pot with free draining soil/mix and good drainage into a saucer. I water it once a week or so just until the saucer gets a bit of water in it and then I stop. It is still putting out little leaves, but now some of the big leaves have started turning yellow and falling off. As I said, it's the middle of summer! I have noticed small white spots on the underside of the leaves (near the brown patches) and brown spots on the top of the leaves. I have googled problems with these tree's and none of the photos look like what is happening with my plant! It also did the same thing last year and was very late to get new leaves (late october), I thought it was a goner.

The forum only allows me to attach one photo at a time, so I will reply to this post with the others I took today.
Any advice is much appreciated! I love my plant and I don't want to kill it!
Thanks, Sapphy :)

Comment (1)