SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
johntw16

Mystifying Koi behaviour

johntw16
18 years ago

Over the past 48 hours two of my koi have been exhibiting quite odd behaviour. I noticed in the pond on Friday that 2 of the koi have separated themselves from the rest of the group. I thought they were both ill. One was lying on its side, the other on its belly, both at the bottom of the pond both together. 6 hours later they were up an about looking normal and feeding with the rest. This morning they are on the bottom again one on its side, the other on its belly basically looking as though they are about to expire. Againthey stay very close together as though they have "paired off" However, when I try to capture them, they scoot off only to sink back to the bottom again. Has anyone any idea as to what might be happening? The rest of the pond inhabitants seem fine. The nitrite problem I posted a few weeks ago seems to slowly returning to normal. The goldfish in the pond are currently breeding like there was no tomorrow. I am mystified as to what might be happening and would appreciate any suggestions

Are my koi trying to breed and are just exhausted?????

Thanks

John

Comments (9)

Sponsored