Pool side screen

devonskiesApril 6, 2014

We share a boarder with a small auto repair shop that runs on the other side of the fence behind the pool. I would like to put in a denser taller natural screen behind the pool to help filter any pollution coming from neighbour.

The pool is irregular in shape and I have between 1 and 2 meters clearance from the pool and fence. At the moment there is a small native tree (maybe a lilly pilly) and a lime tree growing in that space but neither are dense.

Help would be so much appreciated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
funnelweb

devonskies, if you could post a photo of the site would be helpful.

Bookmark   April 9, 2014 at 5:11AM
funnelweb

Hey D., I took a picture today of what I use behind my pool. I don't have an auto repair shop next door and privacy isn't really a problem without the bushes but I thought they'd give a nice effect to the pool. The plants are Loropetalum - now in flower -, thunbergia vogilliana 'Tru-Blu' and Breynia nervosa or 'Confetti bush'. The trio is repeated on the other side of the lamp post and seat (just visible). I trim them to about 2 metres or a bit more once or twice a year. The effect is dense.
B.

Bookmark   April 10, 2014 at 4:19AM
alisonoz_gw

That's beautiful, Bill. You really do have an eye for design (and skill with the seccateurs!).
Devon I was also thinking maybe a trellis of "star jasmine" - Trachelospermum jasminoides - in fact if there is a way to increase the fence height with a trellis (and the neighbour is agreeable and that doesn't require council approval) then there are a number of climbers that could fill in the gaps while something like star jasmine was establishing. It can be clipped, is quite dense and has the advantage of a sweet flowering.

Bookmark   April 15, 2014 at 2:33AM
funnelweb

Thank you Alison, actually the loropetalum at this stage of its maturity is looking absolutely gorgeus and is attracting comment from occasional visitors. Here's a glimpse of it from the other side, next to the flowering thunbergia. By the way, it's more the shears than the seccateurs.

Bookmark   April 16, 2014 at 5:00AM
More Discussions
tiger grass fuzzles bad near pool?
Hi, I am getting mixed info on tiger grass - maybe...
kirilisa
moving old rose & after care
This is after about 1 1/2 months in a pot (see previous...
lenarufus
Help with name of plant species
Can anyone tell me what the name of this tree is? Cannot...
perotti_adl123
Kangaroo paws
We've been trying for years to grow kangaroo paws along...
Rainbow7
Type of Lilly Pilly?? Calling all experts!
Fellow Lilly Pilly experts, I planted 22 Syzygium Resilience...
Redbarronflys
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™