Banksia.

funnelwebApril 10, 2014

Given that this page has been a bit inactive lately, I thought I might as well stick in this banksia which I think is B. Marginata but I've lost the label. I also took this one today.

Regards
B.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
inga007

Lovely.
I come here to look every day.
Glad I did.
We are still a little coo,l this spring, but saw the first primula and snowdrop, yesterday..

Bookmark   April 10, 2014 at 8:28AM
shaxhome

Gee, funnelweb, you call THAT a Banksia? :>;

This is one outside my front door in frosty Mudgee. The common B. integrifolia, but a long way from its natural coastal habitat. I love that it carries flowers in every stage of their lives, from just opening, through to the older seed cones...

Bookmark   April 12, 2014 at 2:10AM
funnelweb

I think you've missed the point, shax...., my purpose, as always, is to portray the delicacy, intricacy and fleeting beauty of the inflorescence of Australian native flora; not the often untidy, ramshackle sprawl particularly reminiscent of many banksias. To further emphasise my point I'll include here one I showed a year or so ago on this page: B. coccinea. I was lucky with this one, I got 5 years out of the plant. Now while the bush (small tree) is not so visually attractive, the leaves are. Experts'll tell you it is virtually impossible to grow in the Eastern states. I grew it just west of Tweed Heads, NSW.

Bookmark   April 12, 2014 at 11:34PM
More Discussions
Kangaroo paws
We've been trying for years to grow kangaroo paws along...
Rainbow7
Lawn Identification
Hi all, I'm a fairly young and budding gardening......
pranachan
Type of Lilly Pilly?? Calling all experts!
Fellow Lilly Pilly experts, I planted 22 Syzygium Resilience...
Redbarronflys
Vines, native and domesticated
Just wondering if anyone has knowledge on the habit...
oldnod
Can you help identify this turf?
Hi, My wife and I recently bought our first home and...
mudtoy
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™