Welcome to beths96's Member Page
Our house was built in 1923 and we have done major remodeling since we bought it. Here’s a list of things we have done so far:
1. Refinished hardwood floors on main floor in two rooms.
2. Added a laminate floor in the kitchen, painted cabinets, and painted walls.
3. Installed all new everything in the bathroom.
4. Installed new carpeting up the steps and in the upstairs hall and bedrooms.
5. Took off old aluminum siding and put up new vinyl siding and shutters. Ripped up the indoor/outdoor carpeting on the porch and painted all trim around the house and the porch.
6. Cut down the 5-foot-high hedges along the front and sides of the house, then dug up their roots by hand! This was so hard! Then I planted all new landscaping plants all around the foundation and around our detached garage.
7. Ripped off the old back porch that was too dangerous to use, shut off the back door that opened into the kitchen and closed it off for our future kitchen remodel.
8. Repaired water-damaged wall in our extra bedroom.
9. Painted all walls in every room of the house, more than once!
10. a major kitchen remodel started in October 2003. We took out a wall between our kitchen and dining room and made it all one big room. We totally gutted the old kitchen and I tried to create a period-appropriate look for the 1920’s house. I think I acheived that look. We will most likely be totally done with the project (and by done, I mean, every little thing) by the end of January 2004. We did the entire thing DIY except for the kitchen counters.
11. Stripped paint and glue off of front porch floor, sanded, and painted.
12. Added patio to backyard and privacy fence.
13. Major basement remodel in late 2006/early 2007. Completely finished the basement and use it as a playroom/office/tv room, and added a laundry room.
I live in: United States
My favorite forum 1 is Home Decorating.
My favorite forum 2 is Kitchens.
First registered on August 28, 2002 .