SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
suzanne_newman72

What would you coordinate with this fabric?

Suzanne Newman
17 days ago

I have always been a French Country Girl. My dining room is small, doesn't get much light, and lately I have fallen in LOVE with chinoiserie. The walls are a mossy green-and my dishes are displayed in my white french country china cabinet. There is a nice chandelier, and a round navy rug. Everything in my house is pretty much in blues. (Ignore these chairs- they are being replaced.)

We are renters- so no painting the walls, and actually, I love green walls with wainscotting, and it compliments all the blue in my house.

Here's the question: On either side of the french door in the dining room I saw this fabric, and I think it would be PERFECT as a curtain panel on each side of the door. (I would run the curtain rod to the end of the wall, so the curtains don't cover the door.) (Fabric sample is below)

Do I stay with maybe an ikat or complimentary blue fabric, and keep it safe with white chairs? (Boring) but what I have learned is that chinoiserie style is bold, happy, and unexpected. I really want to go that direction!

What I do not want to do is change out the rug. SO what do you think? How would you make this small dining area FUN, a bit on the bold side, and unexpected?

Comments (42)

Sponsored
The Creative Kitchen Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars47 Reviews
Franklin County's Kitchen Remodeling and Refacing Professional